A TOLL-FREE NUMBER: WHAT IS IT?
A toll-free phone number is a number that complements your primary business phone number. This number is preceded by 1 and a three-digit prefix (originally 800).
The toll-free number can be used by your customers or partners calling you from a location where long-distance charges would apply. The purpose of these numbers is to reverse the long-distance charges generated from the caller to the company receiving the call, just as a collect call would. This allows your customers to contact your business without having to pay long distance charges that would apply if they contacted you using your primary number.
The demand for those numbers is so great that other prefixes such as 888, 877, 866, 855, 844, 833 were subsequently made available.
THE BENEFITS FOR YOUR BUSINESS
- Free for your customers: Current and potential customers will be happy to benefit from your services at no additional cost and they will be more inclined to reach you since they will not have to pay anything to do so.
- National presence: Now available to SMEs, a toll-free number increases the credibility of your business, this service being usually associated with businesses of national caliber.
- Improved branding: Associate your phone number with your branding with a personalized toll-free number (vanity number, ex: 1-800-BOATING).
- Easy to remember: Toll-free numbers are easier to remember, whether it’s through the jingle of your advertising campaign or with the help of a vanity number. A memorable number is directly linked to a higher number of calls and therefore higher sales.
- Portable number: If you already have a toll-free number with another traditional or VoIP service provider, you can easily transfer this service to AgileIP. If you don’t have a toll-free number yet, contact us and it will be our pleasure to provide you with this service!
WHY a toll-free number?
Adding this option for your customers is a quick, easy, and inexpensive process that will positively impact your business image and potentially increase your sales. Businesses of all sizes can now take advantage of a toll-free number, no matter their volume. Quickly improve the perception of your current and potential customers by offering them a toll-free number traditionally offered by larger companies.
Do you only need a toll-free number?
Are you trapped in a contract with another telecommunications company? You don't have to transfer all your services to add a toll-free number with us. A toll-free number is always redirected to a local number and this local number can be with the provider of your choice. Optimize the customer experience and eliminate barriers limiting communications with your customers with a toll-free number thanks to AgileIP VoIP services.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN:
We offer free consultations to assess your needs and help you make an educated choice.